Chisholm High School, Rumford Falls, 1908
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In this photograph Chisholm High School students stand outside the school on December 15, 1908. The Chisholm School was the first high school to be established in Rumford. Oxford Paper Company owner Hugh J. Chisholm donated land and money for its construction in 1895. It was located on a triangle of land at the intersection of Rumford Avenue and York Street.
The school was remodeled for the elementary grades when Stephens High School was built in 1911. As of 2013, the school is still in use.