Gamage Shipyard, South Bristol, 1946
Two young women take in a view of the Gamage Shipyard on the western Gut in South Bristol. The shipyard, started around 1924, and by 1946, when this photograph was taken, had grown to include several buildings as well. The group of buildings in the foreground was razed in 2000 and the large three-story structure beyond (third floor only visible) came down in 2012. Hundreds of vessels were built and launched here between 1924 and 1976, when Harvey Gamage retired.