Comb basket, Wabanaki, late 19th - early 20th century
Contributed by Abbe Museum
Visitors to the Wabanaki encampments on Mount Desert Island could purchase baskets in a myriad of shapes, sizes and forms.
Comb baskets or wall pockets would be hung on the wall to hold a Victorian lady's combs or other personal items.
- Title: Comb basket, Wabanaki, late 19th - early 20th century
- Creator: Wabanaki
- Media: ash splints, sweetgrass, dye
- Dimensions: 23 cm x 25.5 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: 2002-16-091
- Collection: Peter Smith Terry Collection, Gift of Unity College
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
26 Mount Desert Street, PO Box 286, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.