Contributed by Abbe Museum
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at George Stevens Academy. Learn more.
Visitors to the Wabanaki encampments on Mount Desert Island could purchase baskets in a myriad of shapes, sizes and forms.
Comb baskets or wall pockets would be hung on the wall to hold a Victorian lady's combs or other personal items.
About This Item
- Title: Comb basket, Wabanaki, late 19th - early 20th century
- Creator: Wabanaki
- Media: ash splints, sweetgrass, dye
- Dimensions: 23 cm x 25.5 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: 2002-16-091
- Collection: Peter Smith Terry Collection, Gift of Unity College
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:Abbe Museum
26 Mount Desert Street, PO Box 286, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.