Comb basket, Wabanaki, late 19th - early 20th century
Contributed by Abbe Museum
Visitors to the Wabanaki encampments on Mount Desert Island could purchase baskets in a myriad of shapes, sizes and forms.
Comb baskets or wall pockets would be hung on the wall to hold a Victorian lady's combs or other personal items.
- Title: Comb basket, Wabanaki, late 19th - early 20th century
- Creator: Wabanaki
- Media: ash splints, sweetgrass, dye
- Dimensions (cm): 23 x 25.5 x 9
- Local Code: 2002-16-091
- Collection: Peter Smith Terry Collection, Gift of Unity College
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
26 Mount Desert Street, PO Box 286, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.