Argyle Hall dining room, ca. 1910
Argyle Hall, which was part of the Argyle Inn complex, had a main floor dining room with windows that faced the harbor and a rustic stone fireplace at the end of the room. It measured 60 ft. x 30 ft. and was large enough to seat 150 people.
The Argyle Inn brochure, which aimed at enticing rusticators to visit, promised its guests "a satisfactory table, all vegetables used being from our own garden." This was likely successful, as it was part of the rusticators' tradition of seeking a rustic environment that offers the amenities they are used to in more urban areas.