Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
Letter to Sarah Tarbox, Westport, from her cousin Mary Patten, Litchfield, expressing condolences on the death of Sarah's mother, Mary "Polly" Tarbox. Polly Tarbox died on October 6, 1848. Her sister, Sarah "Sally" Brown, was Mary's mother; and her brother, Matthew, was Mary's uncle.
Sarah Tarbox was born January 7, 1823 in Westport (Edgecomb until 1828) and was one of 12 children of Mary "Polly" Brown and Samuel Tarbox, a wealthy landowner, farmer, state legislator and Westport Island town father.
About This Item
- Title: Condolences to Sarah Tarbox from cousin Mary Patten, 1848
- Creator: Patten, Mary L
- Creation Date: 1848-10-28
- Subject Date: 1848-10-28
- Town: Litchfield Corners, Westport
- County: Kennebec, Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 40 cm
- Local Code: TarSar.Doc.24-1.1848
- Collection: Sarah Tarbox Letters
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Westport Island History Committee
6 Fowles Point Road, Westport Island, ME 04578
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.