The Sherman Jameson house, Friendship, ca. 1915
Sherman Jameson built this house shortly after the turn of the century on land purchased from his friend Walter Wotton. The large two-stroy porch and Palladian window under the eaves are typcial of Victorian houses. Slightly ahead of his time, he had the builders install wiring in anticipation of the time when the town would town run power lines down the road. The house was placed on a rise in the land that allowed its inhabitants to see the harbor and the Jameson & Wotton Wharf.