Sherman Jameson house next to the wharf, Friendship, ca. 1925
Sherman Jameson built this house next to the Jameson & Wotton Wharf to be used by his family members in the mid 1920s. Jameson's sisters made ice cream and pies to sell to passengers as they disembarked from the steamboat that brought them to Friendship. The proceeds from sales were used to pay educational expenses for Sherman Jameson's son and nephews.