Contributed by Bridgton Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Socony Station on Main Street in Bridgton Maine.
This is the tax record for a commercial structure owned by Alton C. Maxium (or Maxim, the correct spelling is unclear) and operated as a Socony brand gasoline station at the time of the survey, ca. 1938.
There is another card, with a different photograph, that relates to this same property. This card was updated at an unknown later date to reflect ownership by Socony-Vacuum Oil Co. The card references a deed dated 1921; this is not the date of the photograph.
About This Item
- Title: Socony Station, Main Street, Bridgton, ca. 1938
- Creator: Town of Bridgton
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Town: Bridgton
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper and photograph
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Card 571 Socony Station Main St (Card 1)
- Collection: 1930s Tax Assessors Cards
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Bridgton Historical Society
5 Gibbs Ave PO Box 44, Bridgton, ME 04009
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Bridgton
- Real property--Maine--Bridgton
- Tax assessment--Maine--Bridgton
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Bridgton
- Main Street (Bridgton, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.