Train Station, Princeton, ca. 1890
The Lewy's Island Railroad first came to Princeton in 1857 as an extension of the Calais and Baring Railroad. The train ran daily on this track carrying freight and passengers until the last train went out of town on July 22, 1933.
The train station contained an office, waiting area, and a larger building for freight storage. According to the 1885 edition of the Maine Register a fare to ride the St. Croix & Penobscot Railroad from Calais to Princeton was 75 cents, and the ride was 21 miles long.