Men on Railroad Hand Car, Princeton, ca. 1900
In 1852 the Calais Railway was extended to Baring and became the Calais and Baring Railroad. In 1854 the Lewy Island Railroad was chartered and in 1857 it extended the railway from Baring to Princeton. From the Sprague's Falls section of Baileyville to Baring, a distance of about five miles, the train was actually running on Canadian soil. The last train out of Princeton was in 1933. This picture shows a hand car being used on the line in Princeton around the turn of the century.