Contributed by Moosehead Historical Society
A Seboomook Lake and St. John Railroad (S.L.& S.J. RR) locomotive is shown on a scow is landing at Seboomook Wharf, Moosehead Lake, in the early 1920s.
The short-lived S.L.& S.J. Railroad was built to haul pulpwood 18 miles from the St. John waters to the waters of the Penobscot River.
Equipment was moved up Moosehead Lake by scow to Northwest Carry to build the railroad.
About This Item
- Title: S.L.& S.J. RR locomotive on scow at Seboomook, Moosehead Lake
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Moosehead Lake
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: 2001.0524 Locomotive on scow
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Moosehead Historical Society
PO Box 1116, Greenville, ME 04441
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.