Contributed by Moosehead Historical Society
The Steamboat Ripple was built by Sheldon Gerrish of Greenville Junction. The boat was used by Coburn Steamboat Co. to transport people and freight on Moosehead Lake from 1881 to 1891.
Clarence Marshall captained the Ripple and is standing in the photograph while the vessel is docked at the Kineo Dock on Moosehead Lake.
About This Item
- Title: Steamboat Ripple at Kineo Dock, Moosehead Lake, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 18880
- Town: Kineo
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: 2001.06.0030 Steamboat Ripple
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Moosehead Historical Society
PO Box 1116, Greenville, ME 04441
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.