Congregational Church, Rumford Point, ca. 1948
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Congregational Church at Rumford Point was dedicated on March 8, 1865. Among its features are trompe l'oeil--"trick the eye"--paintings. While the artist is unknown, he is believed to be Charles A. Schumacher of Portland and Boston, Massachusetts, who painted a similar church in Marryville, Maine, near Bethel.