Stephens High School, Rumford, ca. 1912
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A postcard view of the Stephens High School on York Street in Rumford from around 1912. Stephens High School was named for the chairman of the board John E. Stephens. The school was opened in February of 1912, though additions were added in 1915, 1917, and 1931. In 1969 it became the junior high school and finally closed in 1985.