Letter to Sarah Tarbox from niece Arabella Webber, 1848
Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
Letter to Sarah Tarbox from her niece Arabella Webber after returning to her Richmond, ME home from a trip to Westport and and Kents Hill. Arabella, who was born March 10, 1828, was the daughter of Sarah's oldest sister Mary, and Daniel Webber, a Richmond farmer. Her oldest brother, Stephen, ultimately moved to Westport to take over operation of their grandfather Samuel Tarbox's farm.
Sarah Tarbox, born on January 7, 1823 in Westport (Edgecomb until 1828), was the eighth of 12 children of Mary "Polly" Brown and Samuel Tarbox, a Westport Island gentleman farmer, investor and land trader.
- Title: Letter to Sarah Tarbox from niece Arabella Webber, 1848
- Creator: Webber, Arabella
- Creation Date: 1848-07-25
- Subject Date: 1848-07-25
- Town: Richmond, Westport Island
- County: Lincoln, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25.25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: TarSar.Doc.22-1.1848
- Collection: Sarah Tarbox Letters
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Westport Island History Committee
6 Fowles Point Road, Westport Island, ME 04578
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.