The sixteen students that attended the one-room S Road School in Bristol in 1914, are pictured here standing on the front steps of the building with their teacher, Miss Sarah Emery. Also known as the Roosevelt School, the building still exists today as a museum. All but one of the students have been identified.
In the front row from left to right are: Afton Farrin, Miles Plummer, and Jr., Herbert Thompson.
In the second row from left to right are: Alonzo Pitcher, Alice Rice, Stella Thompson, Beulah Plummer, Mary Farrin, and Jimmy Plummer.
In the top row from left to right are: unidentified, Jenny Plummer, Alice Poole, Doris Thompson, Clifton Poole, Minnie Foster, William Foster, Marjorie Andrew, and Miss Sarah Emery (teacher).
The S Road School was constructed in 1860 for $600 and saw renovations in both 1901 and 1918.
The photographer who took this class picture worked out of Boothbay Harbor.