Coveside Inn, Christmas Cove, ca. 1980
Contributed by South Bristol Historical Society
The Coveside Inn pictured on this 1980's postcard had not changed much since the 1930's when it was known as the Russell House. However, a gas dock, marina, motel unit, and restaurant were built on the adjoining shore of Christmas Cove during the 1960's and 70's. The Inn continued to operate until shortly before being sold in 2007 and was subsequently deliberately burned down in a training exercise for local fire departments.
- Title: Coveside Inn, Christmas Cove, ca. 1980
- Creator: Arundel Color Lab, Kennebunkport, Maine
- Creation Date: circa 1980
- Subject Date: circa 1980
- Local Name: CChristmas Cove
- Town: South Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: color photograph, postcard
- Dimensions (cm): 8.53.5 x 13.5
- Local Code: 1000.12.001 A
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
South Bristol Historical Society
P. O. Box 229, South Bristol, ME 04568
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.