Russell House and cottages, Christmas Cove, ca.1936
This postcard shows the Gamage home as it looked around 1936. Albion P. Gamage and his wife Hannah built a two story house on the northwest side of Christmas Cove in the 1880's and started taking in summer boarders. The Gamages enlarged the house in 1900 and named it "The Russell House". The property was sold in 1940 and renamed "Coveside Inn". It is interesting to note that the handwritten message on the reverse is in German.