Second Holly Inn, Christmas Cove, ca. 1917
This tourist postcard focuses on the the Holly Inn, in the background, and its tennis courts. The hotel, built in 1908 after the first Holly Inn burned to the ground in 1907, had 99 rooms. Like the first, the second Holly Inn also burned to the ground. This time in a spectacular fire in 1923. The small building in the left middle ground was the Christmas Cove Post Office and the red-roofed building to the right of the Inn was the Holly Inn annex.