Clubhouse and tennis courts, Christmas Cove, ca. 1910
The color-tinted photograph on this postcard shows the Christmas Cove Improvement Association (CCIA) clubhouse, built in 1902, then known as 'the Casino', and the tennis courts owned and maintained by the CCIA. A boat landing can be seen beyond the building and the small structure housing dressing rooms for the saltwater pool is visible to the left and behind the building. The CCIA, organized by a group of summer residents in 1900, was a membership organization but also made its facilities available for a modest fee to guests at nearby summer hotels and boarding houses.