Cream Brook Farm Calling Card, ca. 1907
A calling card for the Cream Book Farm from about 1907. The Cream Brook Farm property was originally owned by the Stetson family, for whom the town of Stetson was named. Amasa Stetson II cleared the land and established the one mile square farm. By 1863 the farm was owned by M.E. Rice who expanded the operations to include more livestock and farm acreage. The farm was next owned by Grenville J. Shaw who was a well known and respected breeder of trotting horses. Around 1889 the farm was purchased by Alphonso S. Rand, who with his sons Fred Blaine and Clyde C., raised Mt. Katahdin and Granger, "The World's Largest Oxen".