Contributed by Maine Historical Society
John W. Day (1838-1908), who served as a musician in the 14th Maine Regiment from December 1861 to August 1865, poses in a veterans uniform.
Day, a native of England who came to the U.S. as a child in 1843, lived in Berwick. He worked as a carpenter.
About This Item
- Title: John W. Day, Civil War veteran, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.5 cm x 7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. S-7077, Misc. Box 239/3
- Collection: Manuscripts and photographs regarding John W. Day of Berwick, Maine
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.