Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Union Station in Portland, ca. 1895.
The station on St. John Street opened in 1888 and was demolished in 1961. It was the terminus for the Boston & Maine, Maine Central and the Portland & Ogdensburg Railroad lines.
About This Item
- Title: Union Station, Portland, ca. 1895
- Creator: Freeman, Harold Miles
- Creation Date: circa 1895
- Subject Date: circa 1895
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 12 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1920, Box 1/20 #31
- Collection: Freeman, Harry Miles photograph collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Union Station (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Railroad stations--1890-1900--Maine--Portland--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.