Mt. Zircon Reservoir construction, Rumford, 1913
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph shows laborers preparing the area for construction of the Mt. Zircon Reservoir. Stripping of the land to be used as the basin for the reservoir was begun June 1, 1913. The contract for completing the task of removing trees, roots, and all vegetable matter was awarded to James McGregor Bros. of Rumford.