The Lobster Pot, Old Steamboat wharf, ca. 1945
The wharf where steamboats used to arrive daily in the 1920s is now referred to as the "old steamboat wharf." Now trucks transported goods, and tourists traveled by car to and from Friendship. The general store that had thrived during the steamboat era was replaced by the Lobster Pot, which became a popular seaside restaurant specializing in shore dinners.