Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Dirigo High School. Learn more.
This view of Main Street in Dixfield, ca. 1890, shows three of the major business of the day. First on the left is Barrett & Smith Meat, Groceries, and Provisions. Second is the famous brick H. G. Harlow Block, and third is the National House Hotel. Two horse and buggies are pictured and hitching posts line both sides of the street. None of these buildings exist in 2013.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Dixfield, ca. 1890
- Creator: Disfield Historical Society
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: 1890
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 11.7 cm
- Local Code: 2013-31
- Collection: Dixfield Historical Society Reference Photo Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Dixfield Historical Society
59 Main Street, PO Box 182, Dixfield, ME 04224
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--Dixfield
- Main Street (Dixfield, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.