Main Street, Dixfield, ca. 1890
Contributed by Dixfield Historical Society
This view of Main Street in Dixfield, ca. 1890, shows three of the major business of the day. First on the left is Barrett & Smith Meat, Groceries, and Provisions. Second is the famous brick H. G. Harlow Block, and third is the National House Hotel. Two horse and buggies are pictured and hitching posts line both sides of the street. None of these buildings exist in 2013.
- Title: Main Street, Dixfield, ca. 1890
- Creator: Disfield Historical Society
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: 1890
- Town: Dixfield
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: black and white photo
- Dimensions (cm): 19 x 11.7
- Local Code: 2013-31
- Collection: Dixfield Historical Society Reference Photo Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
... Or if there's a problem with this page, tell us.
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.