Priscilla Steamboat, Moosehead Lake, 1900
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph shows the Priscilla Steamboat docked at West Outlet Camps on Moosehead Lake in early 1900s. Mt. Kineo can be seen at the far left. The Priscilla was built at a local ship yard on Moosehead Lake in 1901 by Henry Sawyer and was owned by the M.G. Shaw Lumber Company. She was 85 feet in length with a 250 pound pressure hot tube boiler, and at the time known as a fast boat. In 1905 the Priscilla was sold to the Coburn Steamboat Company to add to its fleet of steamers. She carried mail, freight and passengers to various locations on Moosehead Lake from ice out to fall.