Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Fred G. Mlliken took this photograph in about 1935 of the only Passamaquoddy Indian fishing weir in Maine. It was located on the Pleasant Point Passamaquoddy Indian Reservation near Eastport. The herring was sold to Maine factories.
About This Item
- Title: Fishing, Pleasant Point, ca. 1935
- Creator: Milliken, Fred G.
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Pleasant Point
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 13 cm x 8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1670, Env. 2
- Collection: Atlantic Fisherman correspondence, photographs, and news articles
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.