Fishing, Pleasant Point, ca. 1935
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Fred G. Mlliken took this photograph in about 1935 of the only Passamaquoddy Indian fishing weir in Maine. It was located on the Pleasant Point Passamaquoddy Indian Reservation near Eastport. The herring was sold to Maine factories.
- Title: Fishing, Pleasant Point, ca. 1935
- Creator: Milliken, Fred G.
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Town: Pleasant Point
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions (cm): 13 x 8
- Local Code: Coll. 1670 env. 2
- Collection: Atlantic fisherman correspondence, photographs, and news articles, 1927-1958
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.