Boom pier construction, Rumford, 1893
Contributed by Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This image shows a crew building the boom pier on the Androscoggin River, above the upper dam in East Rumford.
Boom piers were constructed to separate logs that were being floated down a river to go to the different mills along the Androscoggin river.
- Title: Boom pier construction, Rumford, 1893
- Creator: Rumford Falls Power Company
- Creation Date: 1893
- Subject Date: 1893
- Local Name: Rumford Area Historical Society
- Town: Rumford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 20.32 cm
- Collection: Rumford Falls Power Company Photogranphic collection at Rumford Area Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
145 Congress Street, Rumford, ME 04276
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.