Contributed by Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photograph shows a view of the Falls and log sluice coming from above the power dam into the canal. The short logs from this sluice were taken from the canal and brought into the grinding room of the Oxford Paper Company. There they were made into wood pulp.
About This Item
- Title: Sluice along the dam at Rumford Falls, 1906
- Creator: Rumford Falls Power Company
- Creation Date: 1906
- Subject Date: 1906
- Town: Rumford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 20.32 cm
- Collection: Rumford Falls Power Company Photographic collection @ Rumford Historical Society (Duplicate Album 1892-1905)
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
145 Congress Street, Rumford, ME 04276
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.