Contributed by Greater Portland Landmarks
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Waynflete. Learn more.
Situated on the corner of Hancock and Fore streets, the birthplace of Henry Longfellow was constructed in the late 1700s. At the time, the house belonged to Stephen Longfellow's sister.
The three-story building had four chimneys and a pitched roof that reflected a Federal-style of architecture.
The house was demolished in 1955.
About This Item
- Title: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow birthplace, Portland
- Creator: Chisholm Brothers
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 13.8 cm
- Local Code: P33
- Collection: Historic Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Greater Portland Landmarks
93 High Street, Portland, ME 04101-3797