Nathan C. Hodgdon with granddaughter, Walpole, ca. 1887
Contributed by South Bristol Historical Society
A Cabinet card print shows Nathan C. Hodgdon (1824-1892) with his granddaughter Lena Kelsey (1881-1954) in a studio setting.
Hodgdon was a Civil War Veteran from Walpole, later known as Bristol. He enlisted in 1862 and served in Co. I of the 21st Maine Volunteer Regiment.
The handwritten text along the bottom of the card reads "N.C. Hodgdon. - Co. I. 21st Maine Regiment Volunteer."
- Title: Nathan C. Hodgdon with granddaughter, Walpole, ca. 1887
- Creator: F.H. McDougall Photography Studio
- Creation Date: circa 1887
- Subject Date: circa 1887
- Local Name: Walpole
- Town: Bristol, South Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: albumen print in sepia tone
- Dimensions (cm): 16.5 x 10.8
- Local Code: 2008.01.001
- Collection: Eugenie Woodward Cole
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:
South Bristol Historical Society
P. O. Box 229, South Bristol, ME 04568
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.