Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Ether Shepley, a retired judge, wrote to his son George F. Shepley of Portland about his decision to live with another son, Leonard, upon the elder Shepley's return to Portland.
Ether Shepley's wife, Anne Foster Shepley, had died about a year previous. Shepley wrote that Leonard and his family felt slighted because the elder Shepley had never lived with them and jealous apparently because George and his family were more successful.
He also wrote about other family and political matters.
About This Item
- Title: Ether Shepley to son G. F. Shepley, St. Louis, 1869
- Creator: Shepley, Ether
- Creation Date: 1869-03-17
- Subject Date: 1869
- Town: Portland, St. Louis
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME, MO
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 17.7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 117, Box 4/8
- Collection: George Foster Shepley papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219