Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Sarah Sampson of Bath, who had been a nurse during the Civil War and who was a founder of the Maine Military and Naval Children's Home in Bath, wrote to George F. Shepley, a Civil War veteran and lawyer in Portland, to thank him for his donation to the home.
She invited Shepley to visit and told him that part of the letter he wrote to accompany his donation would appear in the newspaper.
About This Item
- Title: Letter of thanks for donation for orphans, Bath, 1868
- Creator: Sampson, Sarah
- Creation Date: 1868-08-26
- Subject Date: 1868
- Town: Bath, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 12 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 117, Box 4/8
- Collection: George Foster Shepley papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Shepley, George F. (George Foster), 1860-1903--Correspondence
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.