Letter of thanks for donation for orphans, Bath, 1868
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Sarah Sampson of Bath, who had been a nurse during the Civil War and who was a founder of the Maine Military and Naval Children's Home in Bath, wrote to George F. Shepley, a Civil War veteran and lawyer in Portland, to thank him for his donation to the home.
She invited Shepley to visit and told him that part of the letter he wrote to accompany his donation would appear in the newspaper.
- Title: Letter of thanks for donation for orphans, Bath, 1868
- Creator: Sampson, Sarah
- Creation Date: 1868-08-26
- Subject Date: 1868
- Town: Bath, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 20.3 x 12
- Local Code: Coll. 117, Box 4/8
- Collection: George F. Shepley papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.