Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Cumberland County Public Health Association took this photograph of the Rayville school in Otisfield during a visit, probably in May 1925.
The Rayville School was originally located on the Jackson Brook Road at its intersection with the Rayville Road. At some later date, Henry Hamilton Sr. purchased it for a residence, removed the cupola, and moved the building to the corner of Rayville Road and State Route 121.
About This Item
- Title: Rayville School, Otisfield, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Local Name: Rayville
- Town: Otisfield
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 8 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 552
- Collection: Cumberland County Public Health Association photograph album
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Rural schools--Maine--Otisfield
- One-room schools--Maine--Otisfield
- Public health--Maine--Cumberland County--History--Otisfield--Photographs
- Cumberland County Public Health Association (Me.)--Photographs
- Rayville School (Otisfield, Me.)--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.