East side of the Park House, Hartland, ca. 1955
The Park House stood in the center of Hartland, along Park Street, until it was demolished in the mid-1990s. It served as a popular inn from the late 1800s into the early part of the 20th century. This photo of the multi-story building and barn was taken a few years before it was purchased, in 1959, by John Plummer and a business partner. Plummer ran a hardware store called "The Emporium" at this end of the building. He and his family lived on the second floor.