The Park House, Hartland, ca. 1955
A popular 19th and early-20th century inn, the Park House stood in the center of Hartland, along Park Street, until it was demolished in the mid-1990s. This photo of the multi-story building and barn was taken a few years before it was purchased, in 1959, by John Plummer and a business partner. Plummer ran a hardware store called "The Emporium" at the far end of the building, and later opened a coffee shop in the building's middle section. He and his family lived on the second floor.