Gov. Chamberlain introduction of student to G.F. Shepley, 1867
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Gov. Joshua Chamberlain wrote to George F. Shepley of Portland to recommend B.B. Eaton, a Bowdoin College graduate who sought to study law with Shepley.
Chamberlain referred to him as "entirely worthy of your confidence and association."
Chamberlain had been a professor at Bowdoin before becoming an officer in the Union army during the Civil War. Shepley served as commander of the 12th Maine, then military governor of Louisiana.
- Title: Gov. Chamberlain introduction of student to G.F. Shepley, 1867
- Creator: Chamberlain, Joshua L.
- Creation Date: 1867-07-30
- Subject Date: 1867
- Town: Augusta, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 21 x 12.7
- Local Code: Coll. 117, Box 4/7
- Collection: George F. Shepley papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
Share what you know about this item
We do NOT offer appraisals on like items. Check our Note on Appraisals.