Contributed by Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club through Ski Museum of Maine
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
US Ski Team member Marilyn Cochran takes time to read a newspaper story about the 1971 World Cup Ski Races at Sugarloaf. The headline stated that the Swiss and Austrians were leading the field.
Marilyn was competing in the races along with her brother Bobby and sister Barabara, who were also members of the US Ski Team. Their younger sister Lindey, a team hopeful was also competing. The Cochran family was from Richmond Vermont.
About This Item
- Title: Reading the news at the Sugarloaf World Cup, 1971
- Creation Date: 1971
- Subject Date: 1971
- Local Name: Sugarloaf
- Town: Carrabassett Valley
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 9.7 cm x 12.5 cm
- Local Code: 2012.001.0042
- Collection: Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Ski Museum of Maine
256 Main Street, PO Box 359, Kingfield, ME 04947
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Athletes--American--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Contests--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Winter sports--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.