Contributed by Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club through Ski Museum of Maine
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Three American contenders, from left to right, Lance Poulsen, Tyler Palmer and Dan Mooney are pictured here waiting at the top of the race course for their turn to race in the Downhill on the Narrow Gauge Race Trail.
Of the three, Tyler Palmer was the most accomplished racer. He was also a member of the U S Alpine "A" Team. His career included being the first American ski racer to win a World Cup race.
About This Item
- Title: US racers at the Sugarloaf World Cup, 1971
- Creation Date: 1971
- Subject Date: 1971
- Local Name: Sugarloaf
- Town: Carrabassett Valley
- County: Franklin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: 2012.001.0003
- Collection: Sugarloaf Mountain Ski Club
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Ski Museum of Maine
256 Main Street, PO Box 359, Kingfield, ME 04947
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Contests--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Winter sports--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
- Athletes--American--Maine--Carrabassett Valley
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.