Calderwood pension certificate, Augusta, 1867
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The State of Maine issued a certificate of pension to Mary A. Calderwood of Vinalhaven whose husband, Eben S. Calderwood died while a soldier in Co. H of the 21st Maine Regiment.
The certificate notes that he served in the "War of 1861, for the suppression of the Rebellion."
Mary Calderwood was paid $4 a month for support of her children.
- Title: Calderwood pension certificate, Augusta, 1867
- Creator: State of Maine Executive Department
- Creation Date: 1867-06-18
- Subject Date: 1867
- Town: Vinalhaven
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions (cm): 35.7 x 21.7
- Local Code: Coll. S-107, Misc. Box 2/47
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.