Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This recipe from the late 1700s includes smartweed, coltsfoot, honey, and liquorice. No mention is made of what this remedy is for.
About This Item
- Title: Medical recipe, Maine, ca. 1790
- Creation Date: circa 1790
- Subject Date: circa 1790
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. S-659 Box 25/23
- Collection: Medical remedies
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Medicinal plants--Therapeutic use--18th century
- Medicine--Formulae, receipts, prescriptions--18th century--Manuscripts
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.