Native American long knife, ca. 3800 BP
Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The crown of an Indian long knife, which is made from Ramah chert, was found in and Indian burial in 1839 at Machias Bay by George Foster Talbot.
Talbot (19819-1907), an 1837 graduate of Bowdoin College, returned to East Machias after graduation and taught school and studied law.
- Title: Native American long knife, ca. 3800 BP
- Town: Machias
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Stone, Ramah chert
- Local Code: Balch/Talbot Collection
- Collection: Balch/Talbot Collection
- Object Type: Physical Object
For more information about this item, contact:
Maine Historical Society
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
If you'd like to privately share a comment with MMN staff, please use this form.