Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to Dennis talk about the signs of the coming closing
In 2006 Amy Stevens, a former graduate student from the University of Maine, interviewed Dennis Townsend about his employment at Eastern Fine Paper from 1977 until 2004.
In this clip Dennis states that he could "see the writing on the wall" when asked if he could sense the closure of Eastern was coming in 2004.
About This Item
- Title: Eastern Fine Paper running out of money, Brewer, 2006
- Creator: Stevens, Amy
- Creation Date: 2006-04-25
- Subject Date: 2004
- Town: Brewer
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: audio recording
- Local Code: NA3427 cd2419
- Object Type: Video and sound
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
5773 South Stevens Hall, Orono, ME 04469
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.