Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to Wendy and Keith talk about Eastern's closing
In 2006 Amy Stevens, a former graduate student from the University of Maine, interviewed Keith and Wendy Durrah about their employment at Eastern Fine Paper from the 1980s until its closure in 2004.
In this audio clip Wendy admits that employees would have to have been blind to not see the closing coming in 2004.
About This Item
- Title: Sensing Eastern's closure was coming, Brewer, 2006
- Creator: Stevens, Amy
- Creation Date: 2006-01-24
- Subject Date: 2004
- Town: Brewer
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: audio recording
- Local Code: NA3401 cd2371
- Object Type: Video and sound
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
5773 South Stevens Hall, Orono, ME 04469
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.