Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to recording
In 2006 Pauleena MacDougall, the director of the Maine Folklife Center, interviewed Lois Andrews about her employment at Eastern Fine Paper from 1956 until she retired in 2000.
Lois's son also worked for the company and in this clip she talks about how the mill's closure in 2004 affected her son.
About This Item
- Title: Finding new work after Eastern Fine Paper closed, Brewer, 2006
- Creator: MacDougall, Pauleena
- Creation Date: 2006-01-06
- Subject Date: 2004
- Town: Brewer
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: audio recording
- Local Code: NA3391 cd2372
- Object Type: Video and sound
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
5773 South Stevens Hall, Orono, ME 04469
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.