Contributed by Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
Listen to recording
In 2006 Pauleena MacDougall, the director of the Maine Folklife Center, interviewed Phyllis Beaulieu, who worked for Eastern Fine Paper from 1949 until she retired in 1988, about her employment at Eastern.
In this audio clip Phyllis recalls the insurance benefits she and her husband received from working at the mill and what happened to these benefits after she stopped working at the mill.
About This Item
- Title: Employee benefits at Eastern mill, Brewer, ca. 2006
- Creator: MacDougall, Pauleena
- Creation Date: 2006-01-23
- Subject Date: 1949 - 2004
- Town: Brewer
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: audio recording
- Local Code: NA3393 cd2375
- Object Type: Video and sound
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Folklife Center, Univ. of Maine
5773 South Stevens Hall, Orono, ME 04469
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dismissal of employees--Maine--Brewer
- Eastern Corporation (Bangor, Me.)
- Employee fringe benefits
- Paper industry--Maine--Brewer
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.