Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
In 1914 Henry T. Burrage made a copy of this map from Alexander Brown's 1890 book entitled, "Genesis of the United States." The original map is in the Spanish Archives, dated 1610. This map is often called the "Velasco Map" after the Spanish ambassador who acquired a copy of the original map of ca. 1610.
About This Item
- Title: Map of the New England Coast, 1610
- Creator: Burrage, Henry T.
- Creation Date: 1914
- Subject Date: 1610
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: Map FF 68
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x219
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Maine--History--Maps--Early works to 1800--17th century
- New England--Maps--Early works to 1800--17th century
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.