Map of Cape Elizabeth, Richmond Island area, 1884
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
James Phinney Baxter published this map in 1884 showing the area around Portland Harbor and the early land grants, including patents to Ferdinando Gorges, George Cleeve, Thomas Cammock, Josselyn, Trelawny, Rigby, Tucker, Goodyear, Bonython, Lewis.
The following houses are shown: Michael Mitton's, Cleeves, Winter's, Robert Jordan's and Scottow's fortification. Letters on the map indicate locations of events and buildings; Prout's house, Hunnewell, Seldon, John Libby, John Mills, Roger Deering's wife, etc.