Contributed by Blake Library Special Collections
The Madawaska Training School of Fort Kent raised its own livestock, part of its investment in sustainability.
This is certificate of registry from the Ayrshire Breeders' Association for a bull named Kennebec Supreme Pride, bred and owned by Ransom P. Kelley of Fairfield. The Madawaska Training School purchased the bull on July 1, 1942.
The Madawaska Training School of Fort Kent is known today as the University of Maine at Fort Kent.
About This Item
- Title: Madawaska Training School livestock certificate, Fort Kent, 1942
- Creator: Ayrshire Breeders' Association
- Creation Date: 1942
- Subject Date: 1942
- Town: Fairfield, Fort Kent
- County: Aroostook, Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: paper with attached black and white photographs
- Dimensions: 22 cm x 28 cm
- Local Code: Univ. MS 3 1.4.1
- Collection: University of Maine at Fort Kent collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Blake Library Special Collections
23 University Drive, Fort Kent, ME 04743
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.